Luckily, you can get the same feeling you do at a professional spa right at home, without even having to buy too many extras. After creating a spa at home, you will be ready to take on the rest of your week, or at least the rest of your day.
Below, you’ll find some easy tips on making your home into a temporary spa:
1) Create a Relaxing Ambiance. Decide what you want to include in your spa day, and what you will need in order to maximize your experience. Choose a relaxing music playlist, put on that bathrobe and slippers, choose some nail polish, and lay out some healthy, delicious snacks.
2) Include exercise. Although this may seem like an interesting addition to your spa day, exercise is a great precursor to any spa treatments you may have planned. A brisk walk around the block will open up your pores and allow your skin to really soak up the masks and products you want to use. The exercise you choose does not have to be strenuous, but it should be invigorating enough to produce a healthy flush to your skin.
3) Create a sauna. By turning your bathroom into your personal sauna, you can further cleanse your skin and pores before any skin treatment you have planned. Spray a washcloth with some lavender oil and hold it up to your face. Not only is it cleansing, the lavender oil also helps you to relax and unwind.
4) Make a scrub. This scrub is not just for your face—your whole body needs to be refreshed, too. All it takes is two ingredients that you probably already have at home! Mix granulated white sugar with vitamin E oil so that it creates a paste. Scrub this all over your body to remove dead skin cells! It will feel amazing, and it only takes two ingredients.
5) Make your own rose water. We all know that rose water is a great toner for skin.; however, the price tag can really make you reconsider if it’s worth it. Fortunately, making your own rosewater at home is extremely simple!
For an even mixture, cover one cup of rose petals with two cups of boiling water. Steep this like tea until the water has cooled. Strain the liquid from the petals and keep covered in a clean jar in the fridge in between uses.
6) Create a face mask. A cleansing face mask feels rejuvenating on your skin, and it is incredibly easy to make one yourself with ingredients that you already have.
For face mask suitable for all skin types, mix 1 tablespoon of finely ground oatmeal, 1 tablespoon organic yogurt and a few drops of honey. Stir well, and then apply to your face, letting it sit for ten minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat your skin dry.
After employing all of these tips at home, you can expect to feel relaxed and rejuvenated. To make it even more fun, invite some friends over and turn it into a party!
Author Bio: Marcela De Vivo is a writer for Bellezza spa, a Miami-based salon and spa, whose writing offers several beauty tips for the busy mom. As a mother of three, she does not often find time to make it to her local spa. Instead, she has turned her home sauna into a mini yoga studio and loves to have Spa days with her 3-year old daughter. Follow her on Facebook and Twitter for other DIY home spa tips.